Date Posted: 2018-12-07-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: UTNB1: Corp - Brooklyn NY 55 Water St, Brooklyn, NY, 11201 USA
United Technologies Corporation (UTC; NYSC: UTX) is headquartered in Farmington, CT, just outside of Hartford, CT. We employ over 204,000 talented individuals globally, achieve net sales in excess of $60 billion, and invest $4B each year into research & development activities. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems – the combination of which make us the largest aerospace company in the world. Our commercial businesses include Otis elevators and escalators and UTC Climate, Controls & Security – a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire and security systems and building automation controls.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) was founded by some of the world’s greatest inventors. We helped build the Second Industrial Revolution and brought about a century of urbanization and globalization. Now we need your help to build the next one.
Tech@UTC is the UTC technology organization, comprised of the global engineering function, several focused centers of expertise, our skunkworks organization – United Technologies Advanced Projects (UTAP), and our advanced Research & Development lab – United Technologies Research Center (UTRC). By combining a passion for science with precision engineering, we create smart, sustainable solutions that prove we can do the big things the right way. We put the “T” in UTC.
Position Summary (narrative)
We challenge you to bring your energy and awe-inspiring sourcing skills in the Technology space to our newly created Technical Recruiting team at UTC!
As a Sourcer, you will support the recruiting and pipelining activities of our Tech@UTC organization.
- Source and recruit the best technical talent for immediate needs and proactive pipelining
- Provide depth and expertise in sourcing very difficult to find talent, skills and competencies in the market
- Consult with hiring managers on all things related to hiring and recruiting for their team
- Source, screen and present candidates to recruiters and hiring managers
- Build relationships with candidates and stay in constant contact
- Key user of our Candidate Relationship Management tool
- Support key pipelining projects
- You will partner with the Technical Recruiting Team as well as Human Resources team to drive consistency, integration, and communication.
Key Job Responsibilities
Qualifications & Competencies
- Resourceful and resilient with a heightened and self-imposed sense of urgency
- Results oriented with excellent communication and customer focus
- Energy – a positive attitude that will add spark to the team
- Understands the competitive recruiting landscape and how to successfully navigate it with the latest technology and other means
- Adaptability – a quick learner who can acclimate as easily to new technology as a variety of management styles; deals well with ambiguity
- Collaborates effectively, communicates with all stakeholders, shares knowledge
- A strong interest and background in technology is a must, experience recruiting engineering, product or design candidates
- Take being internet savvy to the next level
- Apply out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to sourcing and recruiting: cold calling potential candidates and companies, organizing and executing networking events, identifying technical experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, create unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Education & Experience (consistent with UTC Level guidelines, bulleted)
- Bachelor’s degree, 7+ years experience sourcing for technical positions
- Significant industry expertise in sourcing and attracting difficult to fill roles; demonstrated results and persistence in this area
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, Candidate Relationship Management tools, Digital Interviewing as well as multiple sourcing tools such as Stack Overflow, Github, LinkedIn, etc.
- Must be comfortable learning how to effectively use new technology; demonstrated ability to utilize data to drive decisions and actions
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with high volume demands
- Strong ability to assess talent and make recommendations and influence others on alternate profiles to consider
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.