Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Responsibilities:The Purchasing Coordinator I role is responsible for supporting the transactional activities related to the buyer’s management of the supplier. Such activities include expediting open orders, completing cost variances, resolving cost variances, updating costs and more. The purchasing coordinator will be assigned items coded as direct ship, handling all inquiries related to these products, and following up with supplier base to assure delivery expectations of our customers are met.
- Own Purchase order edits, tracking questions and maintenance. Following up with suppliers, making edits or changes to POs to meet mins, correct errors, fill back orders, etc. Assisting sales team providing updates on orders for the end customers.
- Working daily with your Buyer, Suppliers, Accounts Payable, Customer Service, DCs, Logistics and others to ensure our customers get the right product on time and complete.
- Following up with supplier to obtain and manage PO reconciliation files/responses, Lead time files/updates, and Past due Lines updates from supplier.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate resolution of backlogged orders. Contacting suppliers, accounts payable, customer service or other groups to provide accurate information to our end customers on their order.
- Following up and resolving CSR and supplier generated requests and inquiries to provide world class experience for end customer.
- Cost Variance - Process all orders with cost variance discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Receiving discrepancies – assist buyer working with DC team and vendor to resolve receiving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Super Stock DQA past due not invoiced – Collaborate with suppliers to obtain updated shipping information (estimated receipt date and quantities) for top DQA items.
- Own and manage back office aspects of both Fisher catalog items and Non-Catalog items.
- Top Items impacting service with past due not invoiced - Obtain updated shipping information (estimated receipt date and quantities) for top items impacting service performance.
- Address “On Order No BO report” with supplier and have orders closed to reduce dead inventory risk.
- Reviews, processes and handles all inquiries for direct ship and non-catalog purchases in accordance with supplier policies.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with buyer(s) while being able to escalate issues that do not involve transactional resolution (process changes, long term issues, etc)
- Ad hoc reporting as needed
- Address all adhoc requests regarding order issues in a timely manner
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Associate Degree or higher
- Flexible with demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Sense of priority and urgency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely Organized
- Looks at change in a positive manner
- Promotes good attitude and teamwork
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- 2-4 years Purchasing or related experience recommended
- Supply Chain education or work experience
- APICS certification (CPIM, CIRM, CSCP)
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh