Description:The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the assessment of selected patients in the designated service. The NP performs physical examinations, confers with patients in person and by phone/electronically, collaborates with others in the department to assure smooth flow of patient care consistent with established quality indicators and participates in the overall coordination of patient care. The NP reports to the Chief of the designated service and to the Department Manager.
- Practices under the standard procedure established for the NP role consistent with Kaiser Permanente policy and in accordance with requirement set forth by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Conducts age appropriate assessments of patients, including history taking and physical examination consistent with department protocol.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status, patient/family education, family involvement, and patient advocacy.
- Consults with supervising physician or other clinicians as dictated by patient need and assessment findings.
- Participates with physicians and other clinicians in the department to assure effective patient care consistent with quality indicators for patients cared for in the designated service.
- Reviews medical record for follow up or ordering of diagnostic studies under established protocols.
- Establishes and maintains communication with other health care providers and departments to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness and to promote consistency and continuity of care.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution. - Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel. - Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities to document, track and convey information.
- If practicing in a specialty role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience as a nurse practitioner. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty services.
- One (1) year (within the past three (3) years) experience as a NP providing care for employees and physicians referred to, or cared for by, Employee Health or caring for patients in Internal Medicine of family practice Completion of a Masters Program in Adult NP or Family Practice NP required.
- Master's degree in nursing (unless already a Kaiser Permantente employee who was 'grandfathered in' prior to California Business and Professions Code requirement in January 1, 2008).
- Must meet credentialing requirements established for nurse practitioners within the Kaiser system (National Certification from one of the following organizations: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, American Credentialing Center, National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, and National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN/NP License with California BRN issued Furnishing Number.
- Current BLS required.
- Must have a NPI and meet Medicare requirements for PTAN (Provider Transaction Account Number).
- Current DEA if required for specialty.
- Depending on the particular specialty, ACLS and/or NALS and/or PALS or PEARS may also be required for the position.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente's code of conduct and
compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure
requirements, and internal policies and procedures. Kaiser Permanente is proud
to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
INTERNAL POSTING PERIOD: Starts 12:00AM 08/13/2019 - Ends 12:00AM 08/18/2019
Primary Location: California,Roseville,Roseville Eureka Medical Offices 2 1600 Eureka Rd.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0Shift: DayWorkdays: On-CallWorking Hours Start: On-CallWorking Hours End: On-CallJob Schedule: Call-in/On-CallJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: California Nurses AssociationJob Level: Individual ContributorJob Category: Nurse Practitioner / Physician AssistantDepartment: Employee Health ServicesTravel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.