This is AdyenSpeed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Developer AdvocateAdyen is at the forefront of payment technology powering the payment processing of the world's largest companies. We build products for all size of companies located anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a passionate coder, writer, and communicator to help drive our developer experience at Adyen. We expect you to be at the forefront with our developer communities, providing them with the tools and examples, needed to build integrations while also providing their feedto our product and engineering teams.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you'll do
- Champion Adyen, by engaging both online and in-person whether through popular developer sites and communities, participating and hosting meetups, or presenting at conferences;
- Build example integrations, code examples, and libraries in multiple languages to help developers use and understand Adyen's products and features;
- Contribute writing to our technical documentation and tech blog;
- Be the voice of the developer, gathering feedback and passing it back to the different products teams;
- Work with international teams, including international travel, to visit our different offices or participate and run events.
Who you are
- You are comfortable with full-stack development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes:
- Java, Python, Node.js, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Swift, ObjC
- Familiar with GitHub and version control systems;
- Experienced with writing or blogging on technical articles;
- Passionate about new technologies and have a basic understanding or conversational knowledge of the following topics:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL/NoSQL
- API Design principles: REST, RPC, Idempotency
- Cloud or distributed computing: AWS/Azure/GCP, streaming, replication
- Unix systems
- Encryption standards
- Have worked on projects with both development and product teams;
- Have organised, hosted, or participated in meetups or conferences;
- Knowledge in payments or fintech
- Contribute to opensource projects
What we doCheck out our Adyen Tech blog on Medium special edition on "Improving the developer experience with OpenAPI Specification": https://bit.ly/2PYm011
Who we areAdyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, Netflix, and Spotify.
Are you ready to meet us?If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!