This is AdyenSpeed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
UX WriterWe’re looking for a UX Writer to work alongside our passionate and creative Product Design team as an integral part of the design process. Adyen’s UX word nerds collaborate with designers to write UI copy that shapes and uncomplicates products across our entire company. Payment products generally aren’t easy, but we’re on a mission to raise the bar in fintech. We strive to create products that aren’t just functional, but can be delightful experiences for our several thousand merchants and their millions of shoppers.We value our merchants and our team above all else; we always write for their benefit.
What you’ll do:
- Write amazing copy across multiple product areas while implementing and contributing to our overall content strategy and design system;
- Intuitively understand the needs of all types of users, and hone your ideas by seeking out user insights and team feedback;
- Present your writing choices effectively and articulate their value to stakeholders, including designers, developers, and other writers;
- Push beyond ‘just microcopy’; regularly try (and fail) to use new ways of structuring, designing, and explaining content to improve the user experience;
- Spread the gospel of the Oxford comma, and make sure it’s always used where it should be. Period.
Who you are:
- You’re highly skilled in adapting the English language. You can write or structure the same idea in 20 different ways, and you know exactly which 19 versions to throw away;
- You’re excited by complexity. You thrive when breaking down financial processes and technical jargon into compelling and seamless microcopy;
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you spot a possible hiccup in the user experience, and you know which design or copy changes will solve it;
- You can balance multiple priorities. You see how everything fits into the full design landscape, from a subheading to a full product flow. Still, not one rogue hyphen slips past you;
- You have several years of relevant experience. Experience in SaaS or B2B environments is a plus.
Who we areAdyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, Netflix, and Spotify.
Are you ready to meet us?If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!