This is AdyenSpeed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Solution EngineerAdyen is looking for an Solution Engineer, to help expedite our growth in Japan. Within our team in Tokyo, you will be the first technical point of contact for our merchants across the globe. You will be collaborating with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. You'll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
Adyen has served Japanese merchants for over 8 years. However, our Japan office, based in Omotesando has just opened and is growing fast. We are focused on helping businesses in the market as well as international businesses in Japan. The team works in collaboration with Adyen globally, especially the Singapore and Amsterdam offices.
What you’ll doYour goal is to provide our customers - our merchants - with all the help and tools they need in order to successfully take payments anywhere in the world. You will be consulting them on the payments setup and guiding them during implementation, whether it’s online or in-store. The cool thing is that you are directly working with a wide variety of teams across our awesome merchant base. Changes you make for them have direct impact on their ability to take payments and further grow their – and our own – business.
- Consulting and advise merchants regarding the best implementation practices and address specific merchants’ issues
- Assisting the Sales team and attend meetings with potential merchants to determine technical requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collected prior to the integration
- Creating and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- A key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Building productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Serving as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel
- Additionally, you will consult with the merchant on how to optimize payments using the Adyen platform. Some key focus areas will be multi acquirer routing, optimization of conversion rates, risk management and many more;
- Based in Tokyo, but would be traveling around Japan and to our other offices, especially Singapore and Amsterdam.
Who you are
- You’ve had previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity
- You have the ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences)
- You enjoy communicating with people at a variety of levels, both technical and commercial and be commercially aware during these conversations
- You enjoy interacting with merchants at a variety of levels and backgrounds, being aware of the commercial impact of your solution
- You are able to articulate your ideas and sell Adyen in a concise and understandable manner
- You are creative and innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests
- You are committed and you have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision
- You make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritize appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests
- You are native or fluent in Japanese and can speak English to a business level.