This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Android Software EngineerAdyen is looking for a full-time Android developer to help us conquer the world of mobile payments. You'll be working in a young and motivated team with a lot of room to start new initiatives and take ownership. Besides having an open and entrepreneurial mindset, we expect you to be experienced in Android development, both from an implementation and architectural point of view. Join us on the journey of reimagining the way people pay on mobile and take your part in revolutionizing the payment industry! In your role, you will be involved in projects related to the development and maintenance of our SDKs and mobile apps, which are part of the customer-facing components of our product. Your focus will be on front-end technologies, but we also expect you to be familiar with backend technologies, when required to complete end-to-end functionality. We expect you to have advanced knowledge of the Android platform and to be confident in discussions with the current team on architecture, security and workflow.
Who you are
- Relevant experience as Android developer, including Kotlin
- Team player: Collaborate with other developers, designers, data analysts and the UX team.
- Enthusiastic to investigate new technical possibilities yet able to work within existing frameworks.
- Must have a keen eye for detail and care passionately about writing robust and scalable code, while remaining pragmatic in our demanding and ever changing environment.
- Self disciplined and enjoys working at a fast-pace whilst managing and prioritizing goals.
- The ability to write maintainable code and being able to identify and resolve issues and bugs over a full stack environment is imperative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- At least 2 years experience in Android development (Java and Kotlin).
- The ability to write maintainable/sharable code and being able to identify and resolve issues and bugs over a full stack environment is imperative.
- Experience with server side development is an advantage.
- Experience building frameworks used by other developers is an advantage.