This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Underwriting AnalystWe are looking for an Underwriting Analyst to join our Underwriting Department in supporting our regional growth. You will be part of the Underwriting Team based in Singapore working closely with Sales, Account Management, Compliance, Risk, Monitoring and Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory and compliance perspective. As a highly regulated company we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and make sure we grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimization and automation.
What you’ll do
- Gather and analyze information and review new merchant applications through various channels
- Perform risk assessments for prospective and existing merchants based on financial and non-financial information
- Setup processes, monitor and execute checks related to merchant on-boarding
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize the end to end merchant on-boarding process
- Provide advice and assistance to internal stakeholders with regards to new and existing merchants questions around merchant on-boarding
- Provide support for periodical reviews and audits
Who you are
- 2-4 years of prior experience in a risk or compliance related domain
- You have a firm grasp and understanding of AML, KYC, PCI and Internal Controls
- You are extremely detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- You are able to work in an independent way, while at the same time you are a strong collaborator, connecting with colleagues and sharing ideas to improve effective teamwork
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to challenge the status quo
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and believe efficiency is key
- You’re outgoing, friendly, and fun
- You have excellent written and verbal communication. English fluency required – other languages are a plus
- Due to current border closures Globally, you must already reside in Singapore now, and preferably do not require a work visa sponsorship for this role