Job Description SummaryResponsible to design and architect cloud solutions for the GE Healthcare Diagnostic Cardiology Business, including AWS and Azure public clouds. Provides guidance and recommendations to product owners and engineering staff on cloud architecture based on product requirements, cloud capabilities, and cost factors for the solution. Work with cross-functional teams of compute, networking, storage and other IT experts to deliver the solution in an automated deployment using infrastructure as code and DevOps practices.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of Microsoft data center technologies, including Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, SCCM, and Windows Servers.
- Enabling and facilitating Proof of Concepts of application deployments.
- Initiate new cloud solutions by documenting the project and the cost impact.
- Security harden Azure IaaS and PaaS infrastructure and present diagrams and documentation to CISO team and answer any questions from customers or security groups on the deployment.
- Give technical guidance to team members on cloud and automation technologies.
- Work with the appropriate teams to respond to incidents and to take charge when needed
- Migrate on-premises workloads to the cloud.
- Managing, Maintain, and Patch Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong network background including DNS, Routing/Switching, SSL/TLS Certificates, Subnetting, Firewalls, Load Balancing, NAT Gateways, ect.
- Scripting experience in both Windows and Linux including PowerShell, Bash, Python,
- Automation Framework experience in products such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
- Development methodologies including Jenkins, Maven, and Git
A Bachelors degree in this field is required, higher degree preferred, and 10 or more years of professional experience in an company with similar size and scope.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes