Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a highly motivated and team player individual to integrate our Supply Chain organization as a Logistics Coordinator. In this position you will be responsible for managing the distribution of parts and tools, to and from the central warehouse to requested locations and keeping internal customers up to date regarding their requests’ delivery dates.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Analyze open orders report and estimate delivery dates at destination based on stock availability, parts lead times and transit times.
- Keep the ERP (Oracle) updated with the latest delivery dates and report weekly on OTD (on time delivery)
- Organize and coordinate transport booking from our central warehouse in France to the requested locations in order meet the promised delivery dates
- Communicate and interface daily with central warehouse to request parts picking and preparation for shipment
- Preparation of shipment documentation such as delivery note, customs documentation (import/export) and liaise with customs agents/brokers globally
- Transmit urgencies and priorities from the Site Operations team to the Supply Chain organization, guaranteeing the requests will be treated accordingly
- Report on transportation spends and cost reduction initiatives
- Monitor/measure and highlight any supplier performance problems/risks to lead Order Fulfilment and liaise with Sourcing and Supplier Quality
Qualifications / Requirements
- Solid experience in a similar position with experience in transportation industry, logistics, custom clearance and related activities
- Understanding of financial processes that are impacted by logistical procedures Inventory & transportation
- Management, hazardous goods, import/export Experienced with Excel, Oracle or SAP (ERP)
- Fluency in English is must
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong interpersonal, Influencing and communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Positive mindset and “can do” attitude
- Drive to continuously improve and reduce costs
If contracted in Spain:
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Experience in the wind industry will be advantageous