Support Engineer - Azure Identity DeveloperJob available in 2 locations
- Las Colinas, Texas, United States
- Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Save save Support Engineer - Azure Identity Developer to job cart
- Job number 961468
- Date posted Jan 15, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Services
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Customer Experience & Success
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Scope a customer issue by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world and with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Act internally as a customer advocate.
- Empower customers to find information, self-solve when they decide to, and learn more about Microsoft products, services and support.
- Advise customers on how to gain additional value from their Microsoft products.
- Document your technical work and research to help your colleagues, improve the product, and improve the support experience.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying customer satisfaction concerns and managing customer expectations.
- Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations via telephone and Web and provide support to enterprise customers and partners.
- Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate and keeping the customers informed. Collaborate with management and engineering to resolve service issues.
- Ensure that each support request owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) and to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Document your technical work and research in detailed and comprehensive manner.
- Prioritize your work to accomplish the most important and urgent requests first.
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
- 3 + years of experience in product support, technical software support, systems development, network operations, IT admin or IT consulting
- Experience on Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory Administration, ADFS, SSO configuration, Azure Identity protection, Identity management, O365 identity, Azure MFA
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in work experience
- This position will require you to work a rotational On-Call schedule, evenings and weekends shifts and possibly holidays if needed. Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples: Monday to Friday, any working hours from 6am to 8pm Central Time, or weekend coverage depending upon business needs. Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in application development, software support or I.T. consulting, with experience in two of the following technologies:
- Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) – or similar 3rd party experience (Shibboleth, CA SiteMinder, Okta, PING etc.)
- Identity and Access Management
- Cloud Application Management and configuration
- Use of a Representation State Transfer (REST) API set and understanding of RESTful API development.
- Module-View-Controller (MVC) architecture and MVC Development
- Experience with client-side OAuth protocol libraries such as Azure Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL), Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL) in any one of their released programming languages and server-side OAuth protocol libraries such OWIN, OpenID Connect or Katana is preferred.
- Other specialty product knowledge may be required as well in Identity Authorization and Authentication
- Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
Windows System Administration, Certificates, PKI, DNS, Networking, Virtualization, PowerShell scripting
- OS Internals concepts, load balancing, geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies.
- Bilingual (Preferred not required: Spanish, Portuguese )
- Strong Communication Skills - Spoken and written English (including technical writing)
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save Support Engineer - Azure Identity Developer to job cart