CE Electrical EngineerCheyenne, Wyoming, United States
- Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Save save CE Electrical Engineer to job cart
- Job number 965078
- Date posted Jan 15, 2021
- Travel 0-25 %
- Profession Hardware Engineering
- Role type Individual Contributor
- Employment type Full-Time
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As aCO+I Electrical Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Global Datacenter Critical Environment Team!
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
ResponsibilitiesAs a successful Critical Environment Electrical Engineer your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
- Understand the design and functionality of your datacenter
- Support 24x7x365 on-sitedatacentersoperations and electrical infrastructure
- Act as the technical authority for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical electrical system,design, and functionality
- Establish and coordinatemaintenanceandsafety procedures, maintaining highly redundant electrical designs
- Managingthe electrical infrastructures throughoutdatacenter campusranging from a single large capacity facility, to several smaller ones
- College/university/professionaldegree in Electrical, Industrial, Process Engineering, or related work experience
- 5+years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in mission critical facilities and electrical infrastructures
- Fundamental understanding of the National Electrical Code
- Strong experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems. (Power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)
- Established understanding of electrical theory and practical application via your maintenance & operation of critical electrical equipment. (Paralleling switchgear, redundant UPS systems, DC battery strings, multi-source electrical utility switchgear, standby diesel generators, etc.)
- Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (Your ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
Background Check Requirements: (US Government Sites)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Save save CE Electrical Engineer to job cart