Are you an analytical thinker and do you love to work with numbers? Do you also thrive in a role where you have daily contact with customers? Then you might be our new portfolio manager.
Join our Physical Asset Management team
We are a young and passionate team consisting of five dedicated portfolio managers and two talented junior portfolio analysts who manage all aspects of our asset portfolio across Europe. Our key tasks include pricing, forecasting and day-ahead trading. Each portfolio manager is an expert within one or several markets, and as a team we cover the entire European power market, working closely together with traders and originators to enhance the performance of each portfolio as well as setting the strategic direction going forward.
We are a team that always challenge ourselves to be the best. By leveraging industry-leading trading capabilities and asset management expertise, our team offers a broad range of unique and customised services to the European wholesale markets including market access, 24/7 forecasting and balancing of renewable assets as well as value optimisation of flexible assets.
Carry out analytical forecasts and deliver sound advice to our portfolio of asset owners
No matter your level of experience, you will start by getting a thorough introduction to the team, your tasks and the Scandinavian portfolio of flexible assets. Your first assignment will be to support our portfolio of asset owners by helping them navigate our proprietary software, advising them on trading strategies as you reply to incoming calls and emails. Down the road, you will be the expert in managing the flexibility of production and consumption assets. You will play a significant role in both developing our future portfolio of flexible assets as well as help building a world class 24/7 operational team. In other words, you will be an important part of setting the direction for portfolio of flexible assets.
A natural born communicator with a flair for programming
The ideal candidate for this position can either be finishing university studies this summer or have experience from a similar position. As a natural born communicator, you will advise and support our external customers and drive internal collaboration across the organisation from IT colleagues to our traders. And you are not only good at talking to people, you also excel at communicating with systems through code. Maybe you already have fully developed programming skills or you are eager to learn from the best to improve your coding skills.
"JOIN ONE OF DC’S HIGHEST PERFORMING TEAMS AND TAKE THE LEAD ON DELIVERING VALUABLE ADVICE TO OUR PORTFOLIO OF ASSET OWNERS" - AJMAL RAGHESTANI, MANAGER, HEAD OF PHYSICAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
- professional and skilled colleagues, who set the bar high
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events and parties
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- manage the daily operations of our conventional portfolio
- offer professional advice to asset owners, guiding and supporting them in our proprietary software
- develop, implement and improve tools, models and trading strategies
- perform portfolio analysis and monitor the portfolio PnL and risk
- contribute to development of new business
- carry out business case evaluation, pricing and performance evaluations
- actively take part in knowledge sharing and collaboration across teams
We expect that you:
- hold a relevant master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- are fluent in Danish and English – both written and verbal
- have programming skills or have an interest in learning programming languages such as R, VBA, SQL, Python or similar
- are a natural communicator with great people skills
- have strong analytical skills
- preferably, have experience with stakeholder management
We expect that you:
- have a great understanding of numbers and can critically evaluate data to deliver razor-sharp analyses and recommendations
- have strong communications skills as you will act as a trusted advisor towards our asset owners and drive internal collaboration with IT and traders
- have a winning attitude, as we operate in an ever-changing and highly competitive markets
- are ambitious and want to develop yourself as this position offers the opportunity to grow and take on more responsibility
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
JOBSTART & TYPE
- As soon as possible. We will be screening candidates on an ongoing basis.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please have the following documents ready. It only takes 5 minutes to complete the form.
- Exam papers