Become part of the teamPlease note: We're all currently working remotely due to Covid-19. We hope to be in the office later this year.
Working alongside our clients as trusted advisors, our Solution Architects are focussed on solving our clients’ most difficult and business-critical challenges with a combination of technical knowledge and eye for business. Utilising your knowledge of a broad spectrum of technologies and domains you will work alongside CxO level clients to design the digital revolution and implement a range of technical strategies to drive our clients forward.
Architecture at PA is different. You will work at CxO level with a broad range of leading blue-chip companies and public sector organisations. You will get to work on projects which are cutting edge, both in the technologies they employ and the real-world problems they are addressing; projects which are the highest profile and projects that make a difference to everyday life. It is practical and hands-on, we have our own technology arm that is dedicated to building innovative, real-world solutions for our clients. You will deliver, assure and advise, working shoulder to shoulder with our clients and their partners as the face of innovation and change they expect when they engage PA.
What we're looking forWe are currently looking for Solution Architects at all levels, including Solution Architects who have led large development, or architecture teams.
Skills and experience we are looking for include:
- A consistent track record in providing technical leadership in areas including application, business, and integration architectures.
- Must be comfortable across all architecture domains and specialise in at least one of:
- Architecture domain
- Business domain, (e.g. CRM, eCommerce)
- A deep knowledge of the technologies you have worked with and an appreciation of or exposure to emerging technologies and architectural trends, including, for example:
- Microservices vs Packaged Solutions
- Cloud vs On-premise
- Digital transformation enablement
- Cloud architectures, with experience of AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure
- Broad span of vendors: IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, etc.
- The architects’ role in agile delivery
- Internet of Things
- The ability to dive into further detail when needed
- Experience of demonstrating the benefits and draw-backs of solution options such as cloud vs on-premise solutions, product selection, security or management options
- The ability to deliver strategic thinking to stakeholders through roadmaps, mentoring and technical thought leadership
- Working knowledge of architecture modelling tools and frameworks, e.g. UML, Archimate, etc.
- An appreciation of the commercial, people and organisational aspects of your work
- Typical roles previously held might include
- Lead or Principal Architect on £MM programmes
- (Senior) Solution Architect on key workstreams of £MM programme
- Principal or Domain Architect for given area of expertise
- Technical Design Authority
- Enterprise (IT) Architect
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
About usWe believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are over 3,200 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, health and life sciences, manufacturing, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Europe, and the Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Inclusion & DiversityWe believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org