“You never get a second chance to make a first impression”, and in our mission to increase the GDP of the internet, the cross-functional Onboarding team is responsible for that first impression. We deftly lead our users through the process of signing up on Stripe, and make sure they are connected with exactly the right products, while adapting to their business model, needs, and risk profile. We ruthlessly minimize friction and obsess about creating delightful experiences, while ensuring we safely operate on behalf of our users in the financial ecosystem.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our product strategy, for our end-to-end user onboarding experience that enables users to establish trust, accelerate globalization, and open up new market opportunities quickly with just a few lines of code.
At Stripe, Product Managers help build innovative products each of which runs like a startup. Product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer and partner-facing teams. You’d be joining an extended team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ideally 8+ years product management experience in fast growing teams
- Proven ability to take a product from the earliest conception to successful market adoption
- Strong design and user sensibilities - ability to view product from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Experience working on technical B2B and B2C products
- Technical aptitude. Comfortable with the internal workings of online services and opinionated about APIs
- Ability to inspire engineering teams to elevate their product ambitions and has collaborated closely on architecture and product decisions alike
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
You may be a fit if:
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, risk operations, analytics, marketing, design and sale
- You are eager to roll up your sleeves and build out a new product idea with a fast-moving motivated team
- You have experience managing technical software products and navigating difficult technical tradeoffs
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- You have experience building or working on technical platforms that enable concurrent development of features by teams located around the world