Job Description:Role Overview:
DXC are looking for an experienced, & proactive Resource Manager to deliver Resource & Demand Management support across several strategic accounts across the UK&I business.
This role will specifically focus on creating forward looking forecasts, & refining accuracy of the existing workforce assignment dates. Then working alongside DXCs various capabilities, to enable quick project fulfilment.
This role reports directly into the Sector Account Delivery Lead, & will work alongside, a no. of Program leads, Account Delivery Leads & Run leads, to enable better resource forecasting across the UK Public Sector portfolio.
Job Code Overview: Day to Day Responsibilities:
This role will be wide reaching, working across a no. of accounts & programs, to deliver better workforce requirements planning.
key responsibilities include:
- Act as the lead for delivery of Resource Management strategy
- Take ownership of the delivery & ongoing maintenance of the workforce plan & forecast
- Oversee analysis of business forecasting e.g. chargeable hours, utilisation, and proactively drive resourcing decisions.
- Challenge requests and deal with potential resource escalations, making decisions on conflicting demands
- Provide insight MI to Partners and business leaders, including utilisation, fulfilment & availability reporting
- Work alongside DXC capabilities, to drive efficiencies & meet corporate reporting requirements
Primary skill: Experienced with Demand Planning and knowledge of the Sales & Operations Planning process.
Other essential skills:
- Dealing with stakeholders
- Managing project resource demand
- Provide support to Programme Manager for new bid and proposals
- Providing strong delivery leadership
- Organizational resources appropriately
- A confident and consistent communicator who can set and manage expectations
- Ability to work collaboratively to share best practice and stay connected across the programme landscape
- Remaining calm under pressure and can think clearly to address difficult problems and challenges
- Sound problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very good and effective leadership and communications skills
- Proven personal and team management skills
- Willingness to take ownership and take a problem through to resolution.
- Excellent presentaion skills
- Excellent people skills
- Experience of working successfully within groups/teams.
- Microsoft Office tools.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Effectively work with people at various organisational levels.
- Experience of working successfully under tight time constraints and/or to changing work requirements and/or priorities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Enthusiastic and a desire to succeed.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Stress Tolerance
Mandatory Language requirements: