Do you want to join one of the leading engineering consulting companies, creating value for customers, people, and societies world-wide? Can you contribute and provide leadership to the development and improvement of the best COWI Engineering, Quality Management, Project Management, Commercial and Risk Management and safety practices? Then this could be the next step in your career!
JOIN OUR COWI INTERNATIONAL'S TEAM IN OAKLANDWith over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group providing clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to complex challenges within transportation, energy, environment, water, industry, buildings and planning. Together with our over 7,300 dedicated professionals, COWI pushes the boundaries of engineering design around the globe.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within water conveyance, rail, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas and more.
Our portfolio includes some of the world's most prestigious and challenging bridge, tunnel, and marine structure projects, as well as program management and construction management. We have hundreds of skilled experts working on projects in North America and worldwide, covering the entire lifecycle of a project from idea, concept and design to operation and maintenance. COWI's North American tunnel presence is expanding with several high profile tunnel projects starting in California.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTSIn this position, you will join our global team of experts and will act as a Project Manager on active project sites during construction, including construction management and resident engineering services including project team coordination, review of work progress, making engineering decisions in the field, overseeing the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports, coordination of submittal reviews, responding to RFIs, providing technical support to field inspectors, monitoring of construction schedule, preparation of cost estimates and technical analysis, assisting in claim analysis and negotiations, and administration of the construction contracts.
You will have experience in tunnel design and construction management including contract administration, safety observation, and quality assurance inspection to ensure that all work in progress is in compliance with contract documents, specifications and applicable codes and standards.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Coordinate and inspect work of the contractor on tunnel construction projects and ensure that work being performed by the contractor adheres to the contract documents.
- Manage assigned projects portfolio and assist in assignment of resources and key staff to projects
- Develop and implement project management best practices and action plans, in conjunction with the senior management and lead various strategic initiatives as assigned by senior management
- Maintain communication with project client and key stakeholders
- Conduct work under minimal supervision, work independently and perform duties in the construction field office
- Supervise assigned subordinate staff
- Be an Engineering Specialist, and perform other duties as required
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best. To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with strong interpersonal, organizational and record-keeping skills. You should also have excellent written and oral communication and relationship-building skills.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher in engineering (civil, mining, or similar) with 15 plus years of experience including tunnel design, construction, construction management and inspection. A Professional Engineering license is required, preferably in the State of California.
- You must have strong experience with project design and construction oversight, project documentation, and construction management.
- Be a demonstrated and recognized Project Manager and technical leader
- Have experience and reputation with local clients such as various government water, sewer, power and transportation agencies, local municipalities, and Design-Build contractor partners.
- Have technical skills in current Office 365 systems, scheduling applications, drawing applications (AutoCAD or other), and internet-based project collaboration systems.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment