APPLY NOW »
Staff Design Engineer - Vehicle Integration
Auto req ID: 465Title: Staff Design Engineer - Vehicle Integration
Job Function: EngineeringLocation: PDC
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor CompanyFull or Part-Time: Full Time
Shift: SHIFT1We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Product Development Center (PDC) located in Wauwatosa, WI is home to the mantra – You dream it. We build it. Join our team as a Staff Design Engineer - Vehicle Integration.
Job SummaryThis position will be responsible for overall ownership of engineering relating to design function at the vehicle level, acting as the architect of their design from concept and evaluation to production launch and in-field quality control. This staff level design engineer will demonstrate strong overall understanding of specific components and vehicle system level interactions while possessing expert technical skills in electronic module software and overall system development and performance. Ability to rapidly solve problems and prototype controller software is a must.
- Resolves complex problems such as technical issues and has the ability to provide solutions to problems using both creative processes and analytical methods. Works independently, requiring guidance on only the most complex situations.
- Impacts the achievement of delivering optimal designs while adhering to project targets, performance objectives, high quality, and cost minimization.
- Demonstrates specialized depth and expertise in engineering tools such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models and drawings, as well as predictive analysis and conventional engineering calculations to demonstrate and communicate robustness of designs.
- Perform Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (DFMEAs), Design Verification Plan & Reports (DVP&Rs), analyze test results and bring closure to test findings for internal and supplier led activities.
- Communicates project status, issues, metrics and recommended plans to cross-functional and executive teams.
- Identifies ways to continuously improve processes and responsibilities in their job.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to design, develop and deliver vehicle components to production.
Education SpecificationsBachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in a technical field, with prior technical problem solving experience.
- A strong technical background is required; including an understanding of key tools and processes leveraged in analysis, design, test and manufacturing.
- Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Motorcycle or automotive/vehicle experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable in the use of statistical and data manipulation techniques, Weibull Analysis is preferred.
CompetenciesAt Harley-Davidson it is not just about the degree you have or what you know. You must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything you do:
- Be accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: NoTravel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Product Development, Engineering, Research
APPLY NOW »