San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Temp Software QA EngineerLocation: Sony PlayStation in San Mateo, CA
We anticipate a contract duration of one year or more. This position will be evaluated for full-time employment.
Position Overview: The Software QA Engineer supports the quality activities throughout the software development life cycle to ensure the highest video codecs AND/OR audio quality for PlayStation platform.
- Develop test plan, test cases, and analyze test coverage for video codecs AND/OR audio projects.
- Develop test automation suites to improve testing process.
- Execute both whitebox and blackbox tests.
- Maintain bug database, identify and track issues and analyze the issue
- Generate test reports for project performed.
- Research testing methodologies to improve US R&D’s testing process.
- Continue building In-depth knowledge of all video codecs standards and real world applications to improve ongoing testing coverage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 1+ years of QA experience in test design & development and QA process
- 1+ years of experience in Python programming
- 1+ years of experience in C++ programming
- Preferred experience in video codecs AND/OR audio testing
- Excellent communication skills and able to work independently with development team
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems and testing, familiarity with Buildbot or Jenkins
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.