Site upgrade in progress. You will not be able to apply at this time. Please be patient and check with us later.
A part of Colgate-Palmolive since 1976, Hill's Pet Nutrition offers the highest-quality pet nutrition available through product lines Prescription Diet® and Science Diet®. Veterinarians worldwide recommend and feed their own pets Hill's products more than any other brand of pet food.
Available in approximately 80 countries around the world, our extensive line of products includes more than 60 Prescription Diet brand pet foods and more than 50 Science Diet brand pet foods.
We believe all animals should be loved and cared for during their lifetimes. That is why we are proud our pet foods can make a difference in your pet's life.
A career at Hill’s Pet Nutrition or Colgate-Palmolive is an excellent opportunity if you seek a global experience, constant challenge, and development opportunities in an environment that respects work/life effectiveness.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Travel Required?: Travel - up to 10% of time
Date: Mar 3, 2021
No remote working option
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 99242 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
In an ever-changing and dynamic world, our Supply Chain and Manufacturing professionals, who are recognized as the best in the business, are essential to quickly delivering our products to consumers worldwide. They are responsible for ensuring we make quality products that consumers love. Using advanced technology and an analytical mindset, they are especially adept at continuously improving manufacturing processes. This team comprises a variety of global roles and focus areas, including operations, engineering, process development and innovation, procurement, network operations, project management, factory performance & reliability, packaging, continuous improvement, and supply chain management.
Join our team in Topeka, KS!We invite applications for Project Engineer for the new Wet Pet Food Facility. The Project Engineer is responsible for working with the plant design and start-up teams to design, install and bring into operation the new plant. This includes driving continuous improvement initiatives for all manufacturing systems from unloading to packaging in order to design in plant safety, quality, efficiency, and reliability. The Project Engineer is also responsible for leading capital projects, supporting operations start-up, and handling the technology transfer process for all parts of the raw to packaging areas.
- Responsible for all aspects of capital project management: Change Management, project definition, project planning, capital expenditure management, project timeline management, and technology transfer associated with capital projects and new products packaging from engineering to operations including training
- Responsible for working with OEM’s to specify, select and perform equipment verification steps.
- Participate in team hiring, technical training development, operational training development, and SOP creation
- Supports the development and implementation of process improvements (reliability, waste, product quality, safety, cost per pound) to meet business needs. This includes working with operating AM teams and participating in the area Small Group and Continuous Improvement meetings
- Responsible for the design, specification, development, installation, plant start-up, troubleshooting, and technology transfer for new products/equipment and cost saving initiatives, including collaboration with global process engineering for design standardization
- Serve as primary resource to operating technicians for solving issues involving design, safety, production, quality defects, process changes and equipment modification by soliciting feedback and driving continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain specifications, user documentation, and procedures for processing and equipment which are consistent with KPI goals and support Quality and EOHS Standards
- Develops, validates, and transfers factory SOP’s associated with new products and process improvements
- Accountable for ensuring compliance w/ CP/ Hills, local, state, and federal standards and guidelines related to EOHS, Quality, and Regulatory.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field.
- At least 1 year of experience in project engineering in a manufacturing plant.
- Proficient in reading and development of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Proficient in computer programs.
- Ability to climb, bend, crawl, and kneel as needed to perform job functions.
- Ability to support a 24/7 operation to work any shift or weekends based on project needs.
- Project experience in a foods manufacturing plant.
- Prior experience with FDA, USDA, or other regulatory agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit and , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Topeka
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Social Media, Supply, Engineering, Marketing, Operations