In this role, you have the opportunity toAdvanced Systems Engineers deliver high quality products, by meeting user and business needs, managing complexity, technical leadership, and stakeholder management.
Overall technical leadership and responsible for realization of full systems product release/life cycle management to ensure quality and compliance. Translation of user and business needs into product requirements. System decomposition and allocation of derived requirements down to HW/SW component level and related traceability. Trade-off of system design specifications and interfaces, determine feasibility of potential solutions, and leading technical & design reviews. System integration and verification coordination. Ensuring full Product Safety Risk Management in a regulation compliant manner.
You are responsible for
- Lead the analysis of system requirements
- Lead the development of modeling, simulation and analysis. Produce the software requirements and software coding with all projects and tasks of small to medium scope
- Normally requires little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participate in planning and maintains schedule
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Support the development of good Value Engineering and Design for Reliability /Service methodology
- Resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways
- Solve problems where domain is a mix of technical and non-technical areas (i.e. process, program, etc.) using any and all methods, including using others or finding published solutions. Able to objectively evaluate different solutions
- Learn quickly and can figure out things for themselves when in-house expertise is not available. Ability to apply new technologies
- Good time management skills. Correctly prioritizes their own work and deals well with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Self-manage projects and tasks and delivers to deadlines
- Develop reasonable task estimates and practices risk mitigation
- Actively mentors / coaches less experienced employees
- Actively participates with all cross-hardware units and/or cross- functional teams.
- Expected to take some team lead, feature lead or technical leads positions on smaller features or projects
- Additional duties as assigned
You are a part ofA progressive and energetic team that contributes directly to the growth of the business. You have a direct reporting line to the Systems Engineering Group Leader , with Cross-Functional and Product Managers as your key stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master or PhD or equivalent level in a technical profession
- Experience as System Engineer or as system architecture or senior develop engineering at least 3-4 years
- Has an in-depth understanding of CT products and applications within the Product Line
- Has an in-depth understanding of the product creation process and design methods, such as modelling
- Drives discussions with stakeholders of other departments, such as marketing, customer service, operations, etc.
- System complexity: Focuses on a low complexity product or a multidisciplinary subsystem consisting of multi components, Time horizon of 2-3 years
- Participates in Design Reviews and guides development activities in projects
- Leads/ Participation innovation with internal partners, mainly on peer level and mostly between technical disciplines and suppliers
- Negotiations mainly on technical aspects and technical tradeoffs
- Negotiates integral tradeoffs with multiple internal stakeholders and external parties (suppliers, partners).
- Deep insight in engineering/ research
- Knowledge and experience spanning multiple engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software and systems engineering) is advantageous.
- Medical diagnostic industry awareness
- Prior experience as a lead design engineer
- Evidence of practical knowledge of standards and regulations pertaining to the medical device industry, both domestic and international. This includes but is not limited to organizations such as FDA, IEC, ISO, CFDA, ACR, AAPM, COCIR, MITA and other directives such as RoHS and WEEE. Examples include: FDA 21CFR820.30, IEC 60601-1 and ISO 14971.
- Demonstrating business acumen;
- Driving of divergence, convergence and consolidation
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills while communicating in both English and Chinese.
- Stakeholder management; ability to communicate vision and need and create buy-in
- Strong presentation skills, Analytical skills; System/Architectural thinking and creation; Switching from helicopter to detailed view;
- Influencing skills; Team player; Networking skills; Negotiation skills.
- Managing uncertainty and complexity.Functional competencies:
- Documenting/modeling of the architecture.
In return, we offer youA path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its technical capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this Advanced Systems Engineer role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. Suggest this section be standard from HR We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
We offer experiences and opportunities that add many unexpected and enriching moments to our employees’ lives. Especially when the innovative health technologies and solutions they help develop benefit their own friends and family.
We commit to providing a workplace that’s inclusive, enabling our employees to thrive as they support our mission to improve people’s lives. Our people grow through inspirational challenges, and are rewarded in ways that bring out their best qualities and full potential in work and beyond.
We realize that in the world of work, the needs of people have dramatically changed. We believe in continuously evolving to offer new and unique workplace attractors and experiences to fully engage our multi-generational workforce in their roles. Only then can we continue our legacy of bringing meaningful innovations to market.
Why should you join Philips?Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions. Shenyang