Electromagnetic Effects Design and Analysis Engineer – Level 4
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000243897
Date Posted: 2021-04-20-07:00
Location: USA - Huntsville, AL
Job Description Summary: Develops and validates requirements for various complex communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components. Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures. Develops architectures to integrate complex systems and components into higher level systems and platforms. Performs complicated trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements. Defines and conducts critical tests of various kinds to validate performance of designs to requirements. Manages appropriate aspects of critical supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements. Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle from manufacturing to customer use by providing guidance and support to resolve complex issues. Supports project management by providing coordinating development of work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and conducting appropriate reviews. Generates major sections of proposals to support development of new business. Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: No relocation available
Export Control Requirement: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
Huntsville Electromagnetic Effects Group is seeking a Senior Electromagnetic Effects Engineer. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experienced engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD). Main area of focus will be Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3) analysis and testing, assessment of E3 conditions and Survivability assessments at the various CONUS GMD sites. This is a team lead position, with primary customer focal responsibilities for specialty engineering.
Assignments may deal with:
- Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
- Nuclear Hardening analysis and test
- EMI/C analysis and test
- EMSEC/TEMPEST analysis and test
- HIRF/Lightning analysis and test
- RF Co-Site analysis
- Antenna Coupling analysis
- Electrical Power Quality and Load analysis
- Responsible for project planning and CDRL delivery
Other job responsibilities may include:
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electrical\electronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under minimal mentorship.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required
- 9 or more years' related work experience required
- This position requires that you work out of Huntsville, AL
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- ABET accreditation is preferred
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electromagnetic Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation:Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 4
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: 6B1EI4 (62Q)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud
- Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation
- Requesting Interview Accommodations
- Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster
- EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO
- Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment
- Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)