Automation Test Engineer
Company: BDUKL - United Kingdom
Job ID: 00000243247
Date Posted: 2021-04-20-07:00
Location: GBR - Bristol, UK, GBR - Milton Keynes, UK
Job Description Summary: Performs research and analysis on processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design. Consults with customers to clarify and refine requirements. Interprets and translates requirements into functional specifications. Develops and executes tests to validate system functionality against specifications.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: No relocation available
Export Control Requirement: Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
In 2010, MOD awarded Boeing the £800 million Future Logistic Information Services (FLIS) contract as its Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) Delivery Partner. SCIS is a partnering arrangement between the MOD and Boeing Defence UK to improve the reliability and capability of the logistic information systems and services that deliver engineering, supply chain and business intelligence information. Boeing provides secure, stable and resilient SCIS services by assisting the MOD in streamlining and optimising its end-to-end logistics information system into an agile and effective capability that underpins the support chain.
We are looking for an Automation Test Engineer to join our SCIS team challenged with modernising and transforming the Defence logistics service. The successful candidate will work within the programme to support the automation of testing of the information systems for functions including Inventory Management; Supply Chain Management; Engineering and Asset Management; Asset Tracking & Visibility; Technical Publications; Support Equipment.
Following defined Boeing processes and liaising with the military customer and technical experts, the candidate will be expected to develop automated test scenarios, test cases, test plans and test scripts and also, execute these tests in support of the verification and validation of the solution.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively within an integrated customer and supplier team to jointly deliver integrated industry standard processes ensuring that impacts to the business process is beneficial, common and increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain.
- Requirement Analysis and creation of requirement traceability matrix to ensure proper test coverage.
- Write Test plan and perform the estimation for various projects
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Defining and maintaining the automation tests for applications.
- Liaising with programme teams to understand the changes to write test cases with appropriate test coverage.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Knowledge of Defect Management lifecycle.
- Report risks and issues to the test lead and the test manager.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects within stringent timelines.
- Ability to lead defect triage calls to discuss progress updates, daily tasks, issues, defects and resolution.
Education & Experience
- Hands-on experience in automation testing.
- Excellent Analytic skills and good knowledge of testing processes
- Experience of functional and non-functional testing (estimation, test case development, test planning , test execution, defect lifecycle management, test reporting etc.).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience to work with 3rd parties to conduct end to end testing.
- Experience of defence modelling
- Knowledge of security testing and ability to understand security concepts
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Testing certification from the BCS (e.g. ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Intermediate Level) or other equivalent institute
- Experience of building Automation Frameworks from scratch is desirable
- Experience of Agile methodology including practices such as Scrum or Kanban is an added benefit.
Experience of the following tools/technologies (desirable):
- HP Quality Centre or ALM
- Selenium Web Driver/Specflow
- ReadyAPI/SOAPUI Automation (Data Driven)
- JMeter/Load Runner
- SQL & SQLServer
- CI/CD pipeline
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 3
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: BAMAI3 (B38)