Simulation Development Engineer
Company: BDUKL - United Kingdom
Job ID: 00000244002
Date Posted: 2021-04-20-07:00
Location: GBR - Waddington, UK
Job Description Summary: Assists with repairs and tests, installs, configures, upgrades and assists in the modification of simulators and training components, devices, hardware and software. Performs general inspections for pre-operations, post-operations and component handling of training devices, assemblies and components. Conducts functional tests of training device systems and monitors device instrumentation and bench mounted indicators. Assists engineers in troubleshooting systems and support equipment. Troubleshoots to isolate faults and repair faulty components. Works under limited supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: No relocation available
Export Control Requirement: Not an export control position
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK as an Experienced Simulation Development Engineer based at RAF Waddington, Lincolnshire.
You will work as part of a customer-focused engineering team to maintain and develop Boeing’s GCS&S service, integrating with the RAF’s wider Gladiator team at RAF Waddington and across Defence. You will be integrated into a fast-paced and dynamic customer focused environment and stretched to achieve your potential. Your wellbeing is also important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and with an ethical team culture and strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
- Maintenance of the Simulation system and supporting Gladiator training exercises at RAF Waddington and across distributed training sites.
- System administration and support to general maintenance tasks for all equipment used in the provision of GCS&S.
- Development of new simulation content including threat modelling, behaviour modelling, simulation scripting, terrains and environment modelling.
- Maintenance and update of simulation services such as HLAe infrastructure, Radio comms simulation, After-Action Review systems and Video Teleconferencing systems.
- Supporting Gladiator users creating new military scenarios in the simulation system.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Shift Work Statement:Please note that this role may require you to work a shift system, including late shift.
Preferred Qualifications (Skills, Education, and Experience):
- To be successful, you will have excellent domain knowledge and experience of contemporary technologies, systems engineering principals and simulation architectures and methodologies.
- You will be a passionate and collaborative engineer eager to work in an agile and diverse engineering capability with a degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering or scientific field (desirable but not required).
- Experience in developing simulation systems for use in training.
- Experience in Use of distributed simulation protocols such as DIS and HLA.
- Experience in Application of systems engineering practices and principles.
- Experience developing air domain simulation systems.
- Experience integrating simulation systems for a military customer
- Understanding /of modern air combat systems and tactics.
- Experience in developing and applying continuous improvement to process and productivity.
- Experience with the following systems:
- VT MAK VR-Forces product line
- 3D geospatial tools and data formats such as OpenFlight, Shapefiles, ARCGIS, etc
- 3D modelling formats and tools such as Presagis Creator, 3D Studio Max
- HLAe based distributed simulation systems
As an engineer working for the Boeing Company, you will ideally be able to demonstrate the following behaviours and values:
- Mission-orientated approach and familiarity with modern software development paradigms and processes.
- Innovative mindset and ambition with a focus on customers, quality and our people.
- A "drive to action" approach with the ability to be resilient and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, specialists and functional support team-members to achieve a sustainable outcome.
- In addition, you will be working on a military airbase and subject to security procedures in accordance with the UK Government’s policies for civilians working in MOD facilities.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Relocation:This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Experience Level: Individual Contributor - 3
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: GGE8I3 (GGM)