This role will require on call work at weekends and holidays on a rotational basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse or customer support operations, in particular reviewing content and/or answering user questions, and working with vendors.
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases, SQL and data analysis.
- Ability to work non-standard, on-call rotation weekend hours.
- Ability to present complex concepts and data in a clear and succinct manner to secure buy-in from all stakeholders on recommendations.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies, with influencing and communication skills in a fast paced, diverse environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to identify and drive strategy and business action.
About the job
Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube’s Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
The Content Ratings team is responsible for correctly categorizing content on the YouTube platform. This is important to offer our viewers, creators and advertisers the best experience by informing Search and Discoverability to reduce exposure to age inappropriate content. In order to achieve this at scale, a large focus is to drive automation by working with Engineering and Vendor partners to develop ML experiments across multiple languages/types of content.
As a Policy Enforcement Manager for YouTube Content Ratings, you will be proficient in policy nuance and understand complexity of large scale operations. You'll be responsible for ensuring that we constantly grow our understanding of content trends/ risks to address our users’ expectations when viewing content on YouTube. This includes understanding how we implement global industry standards and ratings frameworks on a unique technology platform that operates at the scale YouTube does.
You'll help implement and enforce our policies across millions of videos, as well as define and execute operational plans globally, working with stakeholders in Engineering, Vendor Operations, Analytics, Policy and Legal. You will review graphic, controversial, and offensive video content in line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Manage the end-to-end ownership of policy enforcement quality and performance metrics for YouTube’s age-based content rating policies and implement data driven improvement strategies.
- Identify automation and efficiency opportunities and drive projects with cross functional stakeholders that result in significant workflow/process improvements to reduce potentially harmful content.
- Review graphic, controversial and offensive video content in-line with YouTube’s Community Guidelines and age-based content policies.
- Handle escalations with fast turn-around time to define the best plan and implement quickly and provide timely updates to executives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.